If you handle low volumes of transactions, or simply prefer a non-electronic system, a manual payment system is a good entry-level option. You simply process your customer’s credit card system through a manual imprinter and submit the receipt to your local branch for processing. It gives you the versatility to accept Visa and Mastercard payments, and by arrangement you can add on American Express, Diners Club and JCB cards*.
- Improves your business cashflow by eliminating the need to provide layby, store credit or to accept personal cheques
- Provides flexibility and choice of payment type for the customer
- Promotes impulse buying as there is less need for your customer to carry cash
- Cost-effective for low volume transactions
- Reduces cash handling and reduces need to accept personal cheques or store credit
- Easy to operate
- Reliable operation at point of sale
- Sales vouchers can be processed using everyday banking procedures
- Offers a low-cost, effective entry-level manual payment solution for accepting credit cards
- Reduced cash handling lessens the incidence of cash related errors
- Improves security as less cash is kept on the premises
- The ability to pay by credit card reduces the need for your customers to carry cash
- Improves the competitive position of your business by making more payment options available to customers
How to apply
All applications for a BankSA payment solution are subject to approval.
*If you want to accept American Express, Diners Club or Japan Credit Bureau, you will need to enter into a separate merchant agreement with these organisations.