Terms and conditions
1. Pay to Mobile is a service we offer that allows BankSA customers to authorise payments to third parties by giving us the third party's Australian mobile phone number.
2. We will send an SMS to the Australian mobile phone number that the Payer provides to notify the holder of the mobile phone number (recipient) that a Pay to Mobile Payment is available to claim. We will use all reasonable endeavours to send this SMS as soon as possible after the Payer has authorised a Pay to Mobile Payment.
3. These Terms and Conditions set out your rights in claiming a Pay to Mobile Payment and govern your use of our Pay to Mobile Collection website. If you are a BankSA customer and wish to collect a payment to pay into your BankSA account, the terms and conditions of that account apply also, and in the case of any inconsistency your account terms and conditions apply.
Claiming a Pay to Mobile Payment
4. To claim a Pay to Mobile Payment from our Pay to Mobile Collection website you must enter:
i. your Australian mobile phone number the payment was made to;
ii. the exact amount of the Pay to Mobile Payment;
iii. the Collection Code (as provided in the SMS from us); and
iv. the name, BSB and account number of your eligible Australian bank account for the funds to be paid to.
5. All details entered by you on our Pay to Mobile Collection website must be correct. In processing payments, we do not check that the account number entered matches the account name or BSB details provided. Please take care to correctly enter your BSB and account number as you or the Payer may not be able to recover a payment if it is credited to an incorrect account.
6. If your claim of the Pay to Mobile Payment is successful:
i. the amount claimed is generally credited to your account within 2 Business Days. Processing of the receipt by your financial institution may be different; and
ii. your BSB and account number provided will be added to the Payer’s Internet Banking address book.
7. The following daily limits apply, and if one or more limit is reached in a day, you will not be able to claim any additional Pay to Mobile Payments on that day. Refer to clause 11 for when a Pay to Mobile Payment cannot be claimed due to exceeding the daily limit(s).
i. Recipient daily limit - You may claim Pay to Mobile Payments up to a total of $1000 from the same Payer per day; and
ii. Payer’s daily payee limit - A Payer has a total daily limit that can be paid to your Australian bank account you nominate in clause 4(iv) by entering the BSB and account number into the Pay to Mobile Collection website. This limit totals any transfers made through Internet Banking to your bank account and Pay to Mobile Payments that you claim using the bank account details in a day. A Payer manages this daily limit in their Internet Banking settings.
When Pay to Mobile Payments cannot be claimed
8. Collection Code expiry: You must successfully claim a payment by midnight Sydney time on the third calendar day following the day the Pay to Mobile Payment is authorised by the Payer. If you do not successfully claim the payment within this time, the Collection Code will expire and you will need to contact the Payer to initiate a new payment.
9. Pay to Mobile Payments cancelled or blocked by the Payer or by BankSA: The Payer or BankSA may block or cancel the Pay to Mobile Payment at any time for any reason (e.g. due to insufficient funds in the account, account closure or suspected fraud). If this occurs we will not advise you of the change to the validity of the payment or the reason for the change. You should contact the Payer if you are advised that your payment isn't able to be claimed.
10. Payment details entered incorrectly: If you enter any payment details incorrectly, other than a valid BSB and account number, you may not be able to proceed with your claim and you may need to contact the Payer to initiate a new payment. Refer to clause 5 on how payments are processed.
11. Maximum daily limit(s) exceeded: If one or more of the daily limits set out in clause 7 are exceeded you will not be able to claim a Pay to Mobile Payment and you may need to contact the Payer.
12. Until you successfully claim a Pay to Mobile Payment the Payer’s account will not be debited and their funds remain their property. You have no legal or equitable interest until you have successfully claimed the payment via the Pay to Mobile Collection website and the funds are credited into your Australian bank account nominated in clause 4(iv).
When you receive an SMS from us
13. You must not:
i. disclose the payment amount or the Collection Code to anyone (other than entering it into the Pay to Mobile Collection website); and
ii. record the payment amount or the Collection Code anywhere that may give rise to loss, theft or abuse.
14. We are not responsible for any loss you or anyone suffers due to:
i. anyone becoming aware of the payment amount or the Collection Code other than as a result of the fraudulent or negligent conduct of our employees or agents;
ii. you entering incorrect information on our Pay to Mobile Collection website;
iii. we or the Payer blocking or cancelling the Pay to Mobile Payment prior to your successful claim of it or thereafter;
iv. sufficient cleared funds not being available in the Payer’s account for the payment to proceed or their account having been closed; and
v. us delaying, blocking or refusing to process a Pay to Mobile Payment for any reason at any time.
You must contact the Payer if the Pay to Mobile Payment is not available for you to claim or you wish to dispute the payment amount.
15. We collect personal information from you to process your claim for a payment. If you do not provide all the information we request, we may not be able to process your claim.
i. We may exchange, use or disclose your personal information to other members of the Westpac Group, anyone we engage to do something on our behalf and other organisations that assist us with our business or as required by law. Sometimes it may be necessary to send your information overseas (for example, if we outsource functions overseas).
Suspension and termination of Pay to Mobile
16. We may suspend or terminate your use of Pay to Mobile, including access to the Pay to Mobile Collection website, at any time without notice (including but not limited to circumstances where we suspect unauthorised transactions have occurred or that Pay to Mobile is being misused).
Meaning of words
The following definitions apply throughout these Pay to Mobile Collection Terms and conditions:
‘Business Day’ means a day we are open for business, but does not include Saturday, Sunday or any public holiday.
'Collection Code' is the code we sent to you via SMS using the Australian mobile phone number the Payer provided.
'Pay to Mobile Payment’ or ‘payment’ is the funds the Payer has authorised us to make available for you to claim.
‘Payer’ means the person who authorised the Pay to Mobile Payment.
'you' or ‘your’ means the person who received an SMS from BankSA notifying that a Pay to Mobile Payment can be claimed via the BankSA Pay to Mobile Collection website.
‘We’, ‘our’, ‘us’, ‘BankSA’ means BankSA - A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL 233714.
‘Westpac Group’ means Westpac Banking Corporation and its related bodies corporate.
A reference to a time is a reference to that time in Sydney.