Assumptions that this calculator makes:
- You don’t make any purchases on your card until the promotional period ends or the balance transfer is paid in full.
- You only make minimum repayments on your card during the promotional term.
- The interest rate applying to your non-BankSA credit card will not change.
- You don’t pay your card off in full each month.
- The minimum monthly repayment will be paid by the statement due date each month. The minimum repayment on your credit card is whichever is greater of: 2% of your total balance, or $10, or the amount of outstanding government and interest charges.
- No cash advance transactions are made.
- Excludes any fees that may apply to either card, including annual fees and when they are charged.
Conditions and fees apply. Credit criteria apply to all credit products
Before making a decision, it's best to read the terms and conditions.
- Credit Card Conditions of Use
- Credit Card Accounts Fees and Charges
- Credit Card Complimentary Insurance Terms and Conditions
Please read these documents and keep a copy. You can request a paper copy at a branch.
**Bonus points promotion: The bonus points promotion is available when you apply for a new Amplify Platinum or Amplify Signature card between 5th January 2017 and 30th March 2017 and spend the minimum amount of $2500 on eligible purchases within 90 days from card approval on one or more transactions. Existing BankSA customers who currently hold an Amplify Platinum or Amplify Signature card or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer. Eligible purchases do not include fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, BPAY transactions, refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account. The bonus Amplify Points or Qantas Points will be credited to your points balance within 12 weeks of the eligible spend criteria being met.
*The introductory rate of 0% p.a. on purchases is available when you apply for a new BankSA credit card between 5th January 2017 and 30th March 2017. The introductory rate will be applied from card approval and expires 6 months after the date of card approval. At the end of this period the introductory purchase rate will switch to the variable purchase rate then applicable to your card account and any purchases that remain unpaid at that time will revert to the standard variable purchase rate then applicable to your card account.
^$0 annual fee in first year for existing BankSA customers promotion: To be eligible for this promotion you must be an existing BankSA customer that applies for a new Vertigo, Vertigo Platinum, Amplify, Amplify Platinum or Amplify Signature card by clicking on the BankSA customers 'Apply now’ button on this page between 5th January 2017 and 30th March 2017 and make your first purchase within 12 months from card approval. The first annual fee will be debited on the 12 month anniversary of the first transaction on your account and annually thereafter on the anniversary of the first annual fee.
1. The promotional balance transfer rates are available when you apply for a new BankSA credit card between 5th January 2017 and 30th March 2017 and request at application to transfer balance(s) from non-St.George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA Australian issued credit, charge or store cards. The variable purchase interest rate applies to balance transfers requested at any other time. Promotional rate will apply to any balance(s) transferred (min $200 up to 95% of your approved available credit limit) for the promotional period, unless the amount is paid off earlier. The variable purchase rate will apply to balance(s) transferred but left unpaid after the end of the promotional period. Card activation will trigger the processing of the balance transfer. BankSA will not be responsible for any delays that may occur in processing payment to your other card account(s) and will not close the account(s). Interest free days don’t apply to balance transfers.
2. Depending on your choice of rewards program, you can earn Amplify Points or Qantas Points on your eligible purchases.
3. QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited ABN 78 003 191 035 AFSL 239545 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 which allows eligible BankSA account holders and cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions, of the group policy, are set out in the Credit Card Complimentary Insurance Terms and Conditions, which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee the insurance. You can get a copy of the policy booklet by calling 13 13 76 or download the Credit Card Complimentary Insurance Terms and Conditions.