The idea is that these regular contributions, over the course of your working life will provide a sum of money to help you pay for your life after work. One of the main features of super is that you generally can't access your money until you retire after reaching your 'preservation age'. This might seem like a long way off when you're starting out, but taking control early may make things easier down the track.
BT Super for Life
Sometimes it is best to get the help of a professional, so BankSA has partnered with BT Super for Life to help you sort out your super.
- View your superannuation balance side by side with your everyday banking
- Simple fee structure
- Flexibility and easy management
- Easy to set up
- Pre-approved life insurance cover with no forms or medicals to complete1
- Tax effective life insurance paid directly from your BT Super for Life account2
This information has been prepared without taking account of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Because of this you should, before acting on this information, consider its appropriateness, having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs.
1. An exclusion applies for any claim related to a pre-existing medical condition you have when you open your BT Super for Life account.
2. The taxation position described is a general statement and should only be used as a guide. It does not constitute tax advice and is based on current tax laws and their interpretation. Your individual situation may differ and you should seek independent professional tax advice on any taxation matters.
BT Funds Management Limited ABN 63 002 916 458 is the issuer of interests in the BT Super for Life which is a part of Retirement Wrap ABN 39 827 542 991, RSE R1001327. You can download a Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Financial Services Guide (FSG), or obtain a copy by calling 1300 653 553, or visit any BankSA branch. You should obtain and consider the PDS and FSG before deciding whether to acquire, continue to hold or dispose of interests in the Fund. An investment in BT Super for Life is not an investment in, deposit with or any other liability of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (Westpac), St.George Bank, BankSA, or Bank of Melbourne (which are Divisions of Westpac), or any other company in the Westpac Group. It is subject to investment risk, including possible delays in repayment of withdrawal proceeds and loss of income and principal invested. Neither Westpac nor any other company in the Westpac Group has issued, stands behind or otherwise guarantees the capital value or investment performance of BT Super for Life.
Novel and innovative features of the BT Super for Life product are the subject of Australian Innovation Patent No. 2011101184.