What you’re applying for
|$3,000 to $100,000
|Lending establishment fee:
|Monthly loan account fee:
Fixed interest rate
|6.49% p.a. to 12.99% p.a.
Interest rate range
|7.61% p.a. to 14.06% p.a.
|9.99% p.a. median rate
(Half of our customers are offered this rate or lower)
What you'll get
- Funds for buying a new or used car, or;
- Funds to refinance a car loan you’ve taken out with another lender
- A personalised interest rate** that would be lower than with our Unsecured Personal Loan^^
- A structured repayment schedule with a fixed interest rate and defined end date
- Option to borrow extra funds to cover other expenses, such as insurance, registration and optional extras.
- Choice of weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments
- Fast answer on conditional approval
- Option of Electronic Funds Transfer direct to seller on final approval.
- There are conditions on the car you’re buying or refinancing for this loan (the car’s age, whether you have comprehensive insurance etc.^^)
- There’s no redraw facility available, unlike our variable rate Unsecured Personal Loan
- #Loan discharge fee of $150 for a Fixed rate Personal Loan if you fully repay the loan within the first 12 months, or $100 if you fully repay the loan after the first 12 months and before the end of the loan term.
- Other fees and charges may apply#.
Before you continue
- You need a payment tool to access funds for everyday purchases on an ongoing basis. In this case, view our Credit Cards
- You need ongoing access to credit to help with short-term cashflow, but don’t want a credit card. In this case, view our Overdraft
- You’re doing home renovations that will cost more than $50,000. In this case look at building or renovating options.
Any advice on this website is general in nature and has been prepared without considering your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please read the product disclaimer and documents and consider your individual circumstances before applying for a BankSA Personal Loan. Credit criteria, fees, charges, terms and conditions apply. Information correct as of 15 December 2023. Interest rates are subject to change.
^Comparison rates: Comparison rates help you understand the true cost of a loan. All comparison rate examples shown are for a personal loan amount of $30,000 and a term of 5 years. WARNING: Comparison rates apply only to the example or examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different loan amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as loan discharge fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan.
Secured Personal Loan repayment terms range from 1 to 7 years. Interest rate ranges and representative examples are based on a secured loan of $30,000 borrowed for 5 years:
- The minimum interest rate for a secured fixed rate loan is 6.49% p.a. (Comparison rate 7.61% p.a.) with the estimated total amount payable including fees is $36,160.
- The maximum interest rate for a secured fixed rate loan is 12.99% p.a. (Comparison rate 14.06% p.a.) with the estimated total amount payable including fees is $41,932.
#Other fees and charges may apply. Refer to BankSA Compare Page.
##The lending establishment fee will be added to your loan amount. Please read full terms and conditions & fees and charges before making a decision to apply for a BankSA Personal Loan.
^^To qualify for a Secured Personal Loan, applicant must meet all credit criteria and the car offered as security must meet all criteria - either new or if used, cannot be older than 7 years at time of application, registered under the applicant's name once purchased, has been made locally or imported by the manufacturer, has never been written off (even if it was repaired), has a paid, fully comprehensive insurance policy with BankSA noted as the financier and is for personal use only. The loan amount may exceed the vehicle’s market value, as defined by BankSA, to cover the purchase price of the vehicle and other expenses.
**Personalised rates: The rate for some customers is based on personalised pricing. Instead of a one-size-fits-all approach, personalised pricing allows us to offer more people personal loans at a better rate, based on an assessment of credit history as well as the information provided in the application.
Unless otherwise specified, the products and services described on this website are available only in Australia from BankSA - A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.