Compare Personal Loans
Any advice on this website is general in nature and has been prepared without considering your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please read the product disclaimer and documents and consider your individual circumstances before applying for a BankSA Personal Loan. Credit criteria, fees, charges, terms and conditions apply. Information correct as of 27 November 2023. Interest rates are subject to change.
Our standard variable rate for unsecured variable rate loans is 12.99% p.a. (comparison rate 14.06% p.a.). The rate for some customers is based on personalised pricing. The final rate you’re offered may be lower or higher than 12.99% p.a. (comparison rate 14.06% p.a.), depending on your personal financial circumstances.
^Comparison rates: Comparison rates help you understand the true cost of a loan. All comparison rate examples shown are for a personal loan amount of $30,000 and a term of 5 years. WARNING: Comparison rates apply only to the example or examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different loan amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as loan discharge fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan.
Unsecured Personal Loan repayment terms range from 1 to 7 years. Interest rate ranges and representative examples are based on an unsecured loan of $30,000 borrowed for 5 years:
- The minimum interest rate for an unsecured fixed & variable rate loan is 6.89% p.a. (Comparison rate 7.81% p.a.) with the estimated total amount payable including fees is $36,327.
- The maximum interest rate for an unsecured fixed & variable rate loan is 19.99% p.a. (Comparison rate 20.83% p.a.) with the estimated total amount payable including fees is $48,517.
Secured Personal Loan repayment terms range from 1 to 7 years. Interest rate ranges and representative examples are based on a secured loan of $30,000 borrowed for 5 years:
- The minimum interest rate for a secured fixed rate loan is 6.49% p.a. (Comparison rate 7.61% p.a.) with the estimated total amount payable including fees is $36,160.
- The maximum interest rate for a secured fixed rate loan is 12.99% p.a. (Comparison rate 14.06% p.a.) with the estimated total amount payable including fees is $41,932.
##$0 establishment fee offer is available for customers who apply, are approved and accept their Variable rate personal loan contract before 18/12/23. To receive this offer applicants must apply online using the 'Apply now' button on this page and select ‘Variable rate loan’. This offer is not available for Fixed-rate or Secured Personal Loans. Excludes non-resident or migrant applicants. Offer can be changed or withdrawn at any time.
^^To qualify for a Secured Personal Loan, applicant must meet all credit criteria and the car offered as security must meet all criteria - either new or if used, cannot be older than 7 years at time of application, registered under the applicant's name once purchased, has been made locally or imported by the manufacturer, has never been written off (even if it was repaired), has a paid, fully comprehensive insurance policy with BankSA noted as the financier and is for personal use only. The loan amount may exceed the vehicle’s market value, as defined by BankSA, to cover the purchase price of the vehicle and other expenses.
1A Redraw facility is available on variable interest rate loans only. Redraw requests are subject to approval. Minimum redraw amount is $500 and a $0 redraw fee applies to each approved request. Other fees and charges may apply.
2. Interest is charged daily and is charged on the balance owing on your account for the end of that day if it is a debit balance. If the balance owing on your account exceeds the overdraft limit (or if a transaction would cause this to happen) we may, without notice, decline, stop or reverse the transaction or we may choose to honour the transaction. You will be charged a fee when we exercise our discretion to honour the transaction. If the overdraft limit is exceeded, you must immediately repay the excess. Higher interest charges may apply until you do so.
About our 'personalised' rates: The rate for some customers is based on personalised pricing. Instead of a one-size-fits-all approach, personalised pricing allows us to offer more people personal loans at a better rate, based on an assessment of credit history as well as the information provided in the application.
Interest rates are subject to change.
Unless otherwise specified, the products and services described on this website are available only in Australia from BankSA - A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.