- Earn a competitive interest rate
- No setup or monthly fees
- Flexible interest payment options
- Suitable for DIY / Self Managed Super Funds
Earn 1.05% p.a. for 12 months on balances $1,000 to less than $250,000 with interest paid at maturity1
Flexible maturity options.
1 month to 5 years.
Term Deposit interest rates
What is the Term Deposit Grace Period rate?
BankSA Term Deposits have a 14 calendar day Grace Period, starting from the date of maturity. During this time you can make changes, including withdrawing funds or closing your account, without incurring a fee (or a reduction in your interest return for interest earned during the immediately preceding term).
If you do close your account or withdraw some funds during the Grace Period you will be paid any undispersed interest earned throughout your term plus the Grace Period interest rate on the amount withdrawn for the period between the date of maturity and the date when funds were withdrawn.
The Grace Period rate is a variable rate, and is currently 0.05% .
To reinvest a Term Deposit via Internet Banking please follow these steps:
- Logon to Internet Banking
- From the 'My Accounts' page select the 'Renew now' link. (Please note, the renew now link will only be available when your Term Deposit is in its grace period)
- Choose renewal options and complete the online form
- You will be presented with a confirmation screen to ensure that all the information provided is correct and accurate.
How to Apply
Special rates will apply for a single term. Standard Term Deposit rates may apply for any subsequent term. Special rates are not available for corporate, institutional or government customers.
Before making a decision, it's best to read the terms and conditions and important information document.
- Term Deposits Terms and Conditions and General Information
- Important information document
- Fixed Term Deposits interest rates
Please read these documents and keep a copy. You can request a paper copy at a branch.
The advice on our website is prepared without knowing your financial circumstances. Before you act on this or any advice, please consider if it’s right for you. If you need help, call 1800 804 411.
BPAY® registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518
24/7 access is subject to systems availability. Daily transaction limits apply.
1. Following lodgement of the minimum balance requirement, the rate is guaranteed for the term of the investment. Returns may be reduced if an amount is withdrawn on a minimum 31 days’ notice prior to maturity. Term deposits are “protected accounts” under the Financial Claims Scheme (FCS). Payments under the FCS are subject to a limit for each depositor. For more information visit www.fcs.gov.au.