Online identity verification terms
By proceeding with online identity verification, you agree to BankSA making an identity verification request (verification request) and disclosing your name, residential address, and date of birth (personal information) electronically on your behalf using Veda Group Limited ABN 26 124 306 958 (Veda) in accordance with these terms.
We may ask Veda to provide an assessment of whether your personal information matches (in whole or part) to personal information held by Veda. We do this only for the purpose of verifying your identity as required under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006. Veda may prepare and provide a verification assessment to us. Veda may use your personal information, and personal information of other individuals to prepare the verification assessment.
You also appoint BankSA as your agent to contact Commonwealth and State Government agencies and private sector organisations (database owners) electronically on your behalf using Veda, to verify the personal information you have provided to BankSA, including your mobile number and email address. The relevant database owners will only be used where you provide additional document details for verification, for example details for your Driver's Licence or Medicare card.
For more information on how the database owners handle personal information, please refer to the database owners' privacy policies on their website, or contact them individually to get more information.
Veda owns and/or manages the following databases:
- Consumer Credit Report
- Commercial Credit Report
- Veda Public Records
- National Tenancy database
- Commonwealth Electoral Roll
- Insurance Reference Database
- Veda Phone Number Directory.
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade - Australian Passport Office
- Department of Immigration and Border Protection. - Visa Entitlement Verification Online.
Various State Government Authorities:
- ACT Road Transport Authority
- NSW Roads and Traffic Authority
- QLD Transport and Main Roads
- VIC VicRoads
- WA - Department of Transport
- SA Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure
- NT - Department of Transport
- TAS - Department of Transport
- Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages.
Note: The confirmation of your identity using the credit reporting information will not be recorded as an enquiry on your consumer credit report.