Assumptions that this calculator makes:
- You don’t make any purchases on your card until the promotional period ends or the balance transfer is paid in full.
- You only make minimum repayments on your card during the promotional term.
- The interest rate applying to your non-BankSA credit card will not change.
- You don’t pay your card off in full each month.
- The minimum monthly repayment will be paid by the statement due date each month. The minimum repayment on your credit card is whichever is greater of: 2% of your total balance, or $10, or the amount of outstanding government and interest charges.
- No cash advance transactions are made.
- Excludes any fees that may apply to either card, including annual fees and when they are charged.
Conditions and fees apply. Credit criteria apply to all credit products
Before making a decision, it's best to read the terms and conditions.
- Credit Card Conditions of Use
- Credit Card Accounts Fees and Charges
- Credit Card Complimentary Insurance Terms and Conditions
Please read these documents and keep a copy. You can request a paper copy at a branch.
1. The promotional balance transfer rates are available when you apply for a new BankSA Vertigo, Vertigo Platinum, Amplify Platinum, Amplify Signature or No Annual Fee credit card between 11th July 2017 and 20th September 2017 and request at card application to transfer balance(s) from up to 3 non-St.George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA Australian issued credit, charge or store cards. The rate will apply to balance(s) transferred (min $200 up to 95% of your approved available credit limit) for the promotional period, unless the amount is paid off earlier. Card activation will trigger the processing of the balance transfer. The applicable variable purchase rate will apply to balance(s) transferred but left unpaid at the end of the promotional period. BankSA will not be responsible for any delays that may occur in processing payment to your other card account(s) and will not close the account(s). Interest free days do not apply to credit cards with balance transfers.
2. Depending on your choice of rewards program, you can earn Amplify Points or Qantas Points on your eligible purchases.
3. QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited ABN 78 003 191 035 AFSL 239545 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 which allows eligible BankSA account holders and cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions, of the group policy, are set out in the Credit Card Complimentary Insurance Terms and Conditions, which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee the insurance. You can get a copy of the policy booklet by calling 13 13 76 or download the Credit Card Complimentary Insurance Terms and Conditions.
4. $0 first year annual card fee promotion: The first year annual card fee waiver is available when you apply for a new Vertigo, Vertigo Platinum or Amplify credit card via BankSA between 11th July 2017 and 20th September 2017 and make your first purchase within 12 months from card approval. The first annual card fee will be debited on the 12 month anniversary of the first transaction on your account and annually thereafter.