Want to save on credit card interest?
If you have an existing credit card balance with another Australian bank, financial institution or store card, then you may consider transferring the balance to BankSA to save money on interest.
Enjoy 0% p.a. interest on transferred balance(s) for up to 18 months on a new BankSA credit card1 or for up to 12 months on your existing BankSA credit card2.
- % p.a. interest free balance transfer offers mean you can focus on paying off your balance without accruing interest on the transferred amount
- Transfer up to 3 credit or store cards into 1 credit card with 1 repayment
- 1 annual card fee (existing customers may be eligible to get no annual fee in the first year on Vertigo and Amplify products)^
See how much you could save
Transferring your balance is easy
Balance Transfer FAQs
Conditions and fees apply. Credit criteria apply to all credit products
Before making a decision, it's best to read the terms and conditions.
- Credit Card Conditions of Use
- Credit Card Accounts Fees and Charges
- Credit Card Complimentary Insurance Terms and Conditions
Please read these documents and keep a copy. You can request a paper copy at a branch.
^$0 annual fee in first year for existing BankSA customers promotion: To be eligible for this promotion you must be an existing BankSA customer that applies for a new Vertigo, Vertigo Platinum, Amplify, Amplify Platinum or Amplify Signature card by clicking on the BankSA customers 'Apply now’ button on this page between 21st February 2017 and 1st May 2017 and make your first purchase within 12 months from card approval. Switches, upgrades, customers accessing employee benefits or packages cards are ineligible. Promotion is not available in conjunction with any other promotion, other than the current balance transfer, bonus points or purchase rate offer, available at card application. The first annual fee will be debited on the 12 month anniversary of the first transaction on your account and annually thereafter on the anniversary of the first annual fee.
1. The promotional balance transfer rates are available when you apply for a new BankSA credit card between 21st February 2017 and 1st May 2017 and request at application to transfer balance(s) from non-St.George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA Australian issued credit, charge or store cards. The variable purchase interest rate applies to balance transfers requested at any other time. Switches, upgrades, customers accessing employee benefits or packaged cards are ineligible. The balance transfer rate is not available in conjunction with any other promotion unless specified. Promotional rate will apply to any balance(s) transferred (min $200 up to 95% of your approved available credit limit) for the promotional period, unless the amount is paid off earlier. The variable purchase rate will apply to balance(s) transferred but left unpaid after the end of the promotional period. Card activation will trigger the processing of the balance transfer. BankSA will not be responsible for any delays that may occur in processing payment to your other card account(s) and will not close the account(s). Interest free days don’t apply to balance transfers.
2. The variable purchase interest rate applies to balance transfers requested at any other time. You can transfer up to two balances from another store or credit card to your BankSA credit card provided you meet the minimum requirements for balance transfers.