BankSA provides disaster relief package for customers affected by bushfires in South Australia
Monday, 5 January 2015
BankSA today announced a relief package to assist customers suffering hardship as a result of the bushfires in South Australia.
BankSA’s Disaster Relief Package offers immediate financial help to customers affected by the bushfires, with BankSA staff providing additional support for those in need through local branches and contact centres.
Chief Executive of BankSA, Nick Reade, said fellow South Australians caught up in some of the worst bushfires in the State’s history need not also worry about immediate financial commitments.
“This is a grim time for many South Australians as well as for many treasured, Adelaide Hills’ communities. It’s extremely hard emotionally, physically but also financially,” Mr Reade said.
“By offering some additional support to our customers, we hope to help alleviate any concern they may have with their financial commitments so that they can concentrate on more important issues at hand.”
As part of BankSA’s Disaster Relief Package:
- Affected customers with BankSA home loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months.
- Affected businesses with existing loans can request loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank establishment fees.
- Affected credit card customers may request an emergency credit limit increase.
- Affected credit card customers may apply to defer repayments to their card for up to 90 days.
- Customers wishing to purchase replacement goods may apply for a personal loan at a discounted interest rate with no establishment fee.
- BankSA will waive interest rate adjustments for affected customers wishing to withdraw term deposits.
- Affected BankSA customers with home and contents insurance may be eligible to receive assistance, including emergency funds and temporary accommodation.
- Customers experiencing severe hardship will also be offered a halt to all interest accrual or unsecured credit products for a period of up to three months.
BankSA customers who wish to utilise these special relief measures or need assistance are encouraged to contact BankSA Assist on 1800 335 544 to discuss their personal or business circumstances, or visit a local branch.
Further information about BankSA’s Disaster Relief Package can be found at www.banksa.com.au.
|0478 335 544|