For importers and exporters seeking to participate in global markets, efficient access to international markets along with local expertise is paramount. BankSA provides just that through a comprehensive suite of products and services that can be customised to your particular business needs. Experience and expertise can help you make the most of every opportunity.
Your Relationship Manager can also introduce you to our international trade finance professionals. We will work as a team with your business to develop innovative and customised solutions to complement your international business.
BankSA also offers interest and currency risk management services of a first class Treasury and access to a global network of correspondent banks.
Services for exporters
- Letters of credit - advising, negotiation and confirmation, subject to satisfactory bank/country risk being ascertained
- Documentary collection of export proceeds anywhere in the world
- Negotiation of documents sent on a collection basis, subject to credit approval
- Direct collection service
- Post-shipment finance for goods sold on extended terms
- Inward payments in Australian dollars or foreign currencies
Services for importers
- Import Letters of Credit establishment
- Inward Documentary collections processed promptly
- Payments to overseas suppliers in Australian dollars or foreign currencies
- Post-shipment finance for up to 180 days in Australian dollars or foreign currencies
We can arrange working capital finance to assist with purchase of goods or processing costs, prior to shipment
Helping you with Foreign Exchange Risk
You can take advantage of additional risk management services to manage your exposure to currency fluctuations in an ever-changing financial world.
Our range of Risk Management Services includes:
Not only do we offer competitive prices for your foreign exchange transactions, but we can also make and receive payments from around the world on your behalf.
Forward Foreign Exchange
Let us help you protect your profit margin. We can either lock in a price for a future transaction or provide innovative and flexible alternatives to manage risks if exchange rates move adversely while preserving potential benefits if rates move favourably.
Streamline your transactions electronically with BankSA
BankSA can offer the flexibility of streamlining your day to day transactions electronically. Our Business Banking Online and Global Dealer products are designed assist improve your business efficiencies.
Your Relationship Manager and an Implementation Consultant can integrate Business Banking Online and Global Dealer with your business systems, while BankSA will provide ongoing support including any on-site assistance if necessary.