What we ask:
A few questions about you – your income and expenses.
What you get:
An estimate of your borrowing potential with a BankSA Unsecured Personal Loan and a calculation of what your repayments would be - weekly, fortnightly, monthly and annually.
How to apply
Credit criteria, fees, charges, terms and conditions apply.
We are only providing you with factual information and not any advice. It is your decision whether this product is right for you. Please read the Personal Loans Terms and Conditions, Loan Account Fees and Charges and Internet and Phone Banking Terms and Conditions before deciding. If you need help, call 13 13 76.
*1.5% p.a. interest rate discount: Information correct as at 19 August 2020. Offer is only available to a customer who applies by 30 September 2020 and is approved for a new fixed rate BankSA Unsecured Personal Loan application via the ‘Apply online’ application link, by calling 13 13 76, or by visiting a branch. Eligible customers will receive a special offer interest rate of from 9.99% p.a. (comparison rate 11.08% p.a.^) on a fixed rate BankSA Unsecured Personal Loan, which represents a 1.5% discount on the current advertised from rate of from 11.49% p.a. (comparison rate 12.57% p.a.^). This offer is open to single applicants only. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and may be varied or withdrawn at any time. All other fees outlined on banksa.com.au/personal/personal-loans/unsecured-loan. Read the product Terms and Conditions, including the Internet and Phone Banking Terms and Conditions before making a decision and consider whether the product is appropriate for you. If you need help, call 13 13 76.
^Comparison rates: Comparison rates help you understand the true cost of a loan. All comparison rate examples shown are for a personal loan amount of $30,000 and a term of 5 years. WARNING: Comparison rates apply only to the example or examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different loan amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as redraw fees or early repayment fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan.
Our personalised pricing means the interest rate on an approved application may vary, based on the information you provided and our credit assessment criteria. Personalised pricing interest rates are from 9.99% p.a. to 15.90% p.a. Rates may change and margins may apply in some circumstances. Your loan is more likely to be approved if you’ve been with BankSA for six months or more.
Unsecured Personal Loan repayment terms range from 1 to 5 years for a fixed rate loan and 1 to 7 years for a variable rate loan. Interest rate ranges and representative examples are based on an unsecured loan of $30,000 borrowed for 5 years:
- The minimum interest rate for an unsecured fixed rate loan is 9.99% p.a. (Comparison rate 11.08% p.a.) with the estimated total amount payable including fees is $39,204.
- The maximum interest rate for an unsecured fixed rate loan is 15.90% p.a. (Comparison rate 16.95% p.a.) with the estimated total amount payable including fees is $44,681.
- The minimum interest rate for an unsecured variable rate loan is 12.99% p.a. (Comparison rate 14.06% p.a.) with the estimated total amount payable including fees is $41,932.
- The maximum interest rate for an unsecured variable rate loan is 18.90% p.a. (comparison rate 19.93% p.a.). The estimated total amount payable including fees is $47,617.
Personal Loan Borrowing Power Calculator disclaimer and assumptions
1. The output of this calculator is subject to the calculator assumptions set out below and is subject to change. Any calculation made by you using this Borrowing Power calculator is intended as a guide only. It is for illustrative purposes only and is based on the accuracy of the information provided. The calculator does not take establishment fees, stamp duty or other government charges into account. The calculation does not constitute an offer of finance from BankSA. Your borrowing power amount may be different when you complete a loan application and all the details relevant to our lending criteria are captured and verified. The calculations should not be relied on for the purpose of making a decision whether to apply for a personal loan.
For unsecured personal loans please note personalised pricing means your loan interest rate may vary depending on our credit assessment and the detail you provide us in your application. As a result, the interest rate we offer you may vary from the interest rate represented on this page and will be presented to you on your loan offer contract.
Personal Loan Borrowing Power Calculator assumptions
Length of month
All months are assumed to be of equal length. In reality, many loans accrue on a daily basis leading to a varying number of days' interest dependent on the number of days in the particular month.
Number of weeks & fortnights in a year
One year is assumed to contain exactly 52 weeks or 26 fortnights. This implicitly assumes that a year has 364 days rather than the actual 365 or 366.
Rounding of amount of each repayment
In practice, repayments are rounded to at least the nearer cent. However the calculator uses the unrounded repayment to derive the amount of interest payable at points along the graph and in total over the full term of the loan. This assumption allows for a smooth graph and equal repayment amounts.
The interest rates represented on this page are BankSA’s standard interest rates and exclude any package or promotional discounts and are subject to change. Please note for relevant that our personalised pricing means your unsecured personal loan interest rate may vary from the interest rate represented on this page.
2. Comparison rates help you understand the true cost of a loan. The comparison rate is based on a Personal Loan with a loan amount of $30,000 and a term of 5 years. WARNING: This comparison rate applies only to the example or examples given. Different amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as redraw fees or early repayment fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan.
3. For the purposes of the Secured Loan, any motor vehicle offered as security must not be more than 12 years old upon loan expiry.
Unless otherwise specified, the products and services described on this website are available only in Australia from BankSA - A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.