Personal Borrowing Power Calculator
Estimate how much you can borrow and what your loan repayment will be. All calculations are based on the information you enter and calculator assumptions3.
Any advice on this website is general in nature and has been prepared without considering your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please read the product disclaimer and documents and consider your individual circumstances before applying for a BankSA Personal Loan. Credit criteria, fees, charges, terms and conditions apply. Information correct as of 27 November 2023. Interest rates are subject to change.
Our standard variable rate for unsecured variable rate loans is 12.99% p.a. (comparison rate 14.06% p.a.). The rate for some customers is based on personalised pricing. The final rate you’re offered may be lower or higher than 12.99% p.a. (comparison rate 14.06% p.a.), depending on your personal financial circumstances.
^Comparison rates: Comparison rates help you understand the true cost of a loan. All comparison rate examples shown are for a personal loan amount of $30,000 and a term of 5 years. WARNING: Comparison rates apply only to the example or examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different loan amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as loan discharge fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan.
Unsecured Personal Loan repayment terms range from 1 to 7 years. Interest rate ranges and representative examples are based on an unsecured loan of $30,000 borrowed for 5 years:
- The minimum interest rate for an unsecured fixed & variable rate loan is 6.89% p.a. (Comparison rate 7.81% p.a.) with the estimated total amount payable including fees is $36,327.
- The maximum interest rate for an unsecured fixed & variable rate loan is 19.99% p.a. (Comparison rate 20.83% p.a.) with the estimated total amount payable including fees is $48,517.
Secured Personal Loan repayment terms range from 1 to 7 years. Interest rate ranges and representative examples are based on a secured loan of $30,000 borrowed for 5 years:
- The minimum interest rate for a secured fixed rate loan is 6.49% p.a. (Comparison rate 7.61% p.a.) with the estimated total amount payable including fees is $36,160.
- The maximum interest rate for a secured fixed rate loan is 12.99% p.a. (Comparison rate 14.06% p.a.) with the estimated total amount payable including fees is $41,932.
3. Personal Loan Borrowing Power Calculator Disclaimer & Assumptions: The output shown by the borrowing power calculator is based on the information you have entered and is subject to the calculator assumptions set out below. It is for illustrative purposes only. The information provided is not an offer of credit and your borrowing power amount may vary once you have completed a loan application. The calculations should not be relied upon for the purpose of making a decision whether to apply for a personal loan.
The calculator does not take into account a lending establishment fee that maybe charged for a personal loan application.
Length of month: All months are assumed to be of equal length. When you are approved for a personal loan, interest will be charged on the number of days in each month.
Number of weeks & fortnights in a year: One year is assumed to contain exactly 52 weeks or 26 fortnights. This assumes that a year has 364 days rather than the actual 365 or 366.
Rounding of amount of each repayment: This calculator does not round the repayment amount to the nearest cent, as it would for an approved personal loan. This assumption allows for a smooth graph and equal repayment amounts.
Interest Rate: The interest rates represented on this page are standard interest rates and exclude any package or promotional discounts and are subject to change. Please note our personalised pricing means your personal loan interest rate may vary from the interest rate represented on this page.
**Personalised rates: The rate for some customers is based on personalised pricing. Instead of a one-size-fits-all approach, personalised pricing allows us to offer more people personal loans at a better rate, based on an assessment of credit history as well as the information provided in the application.
Unless otherwise specified, the products and services described on this website are available only in Australia from BankSA - A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.