Travel money card
A smart and safe way to pay in foreign currencies
How it works
Before you leave
1. Order a Worldwide Wallet online or pick one up in branch
2. Activate your cards in Internet Banking
3. Transfer AUD to your card and convert into your choice of up to 10 currencies to lock in your rates.
While you're away
- Pay for things using the local currency loaded on your card
- Avoid ATM fees at Global ATM Alliance partners5
- Reload your card as you go using the BankSA App, with no load or reload fees.
When you get home
- Convert leftover currency back to AUD or another available currency, with no unload fees
- Remember, you can avoid foreign transaction fees while shopping online by paying with your Worldwide Wallet.
Save on fees
- Avoid ATM withdrawal fees
Through our Global ATM Alliance and overseas partner ATMs which you can find using the ATM locator in the BankSA app.
- No foreign transaction fees
Avoid a 3% foreign transaction fee whenever you use your Worldwide Wallet to shop online or in person.
- No load or unload fees
Reload your account on the go, whenever you need.
- No account keeping fees
You won’t pay any inactivity or account keeping fees, so any funds left in your account will be there ready for your next trip or purchase.
Did you know you can use a BankSA Worldwide Wallet to avoid foreign transaction fees when shopping online?
You can avoid a 3% foreign transaction fee when you shop online in available foreign currencies, plus lock in your budget by converting your currency ahead of time.
You can also shop worry-free from fraudulent transactions with Mastercard Zero Liability protection.1
Complete visibility and control
All in one view
See your account balance and transactions in your Mobile Banking app or in Internet Banking.
Move money easily
Transfer money to and from your Worldwide Wallet and convert AUD into foreign currencies while you’re on the go in your Mobile Banking app.
More ways to pay
Add your Worldwide Wallet to Google Pay™ or Samsung Pay™, or use your card to tap and go.
A spare card for peace of mind
Both cards give you access to the same funds and can be locked and unlocked instantly at your convenience via Mobile Banking.6
Add up to 11 currencies
Lock in your rate head of time by converting currency in advance.
You'll still be able to spend in currencies not listed here and avoid Westpac's 3% foreign transaction fee.
Use our currency converter to view the latest foreign exchange rates.
- AUD - Australian Dollar
- USD - United States Dollar
- EUR - Euro
- GBP - British Pound
- NZD - New Zealand Dollar
- CAD - Canadian Dollar
- JPY - Japanese Yen
- THB - Thai Baht
- ZAR - South African Rand
- SGD - Singapore Dollar
- HKD - Hong Kong Dollar
Order online or pick up in branch
You can open your travel money card account online and we’ll mail your cards to your address in 5-8 business days.
A BankSA Worldwide Wallet is a prepaid travel money card that can help you save on foreign transaction fees and give you control over your spending. With the BankSA Worldwide Wallet, there are no load, reload or unload fees, or ATM withdrawal fees at Westpac Group ATMs and over 50,000 ATMs overseas.5
Before you shop or travel, you can also choose to convert your loaded AUD into any of the following currencies: USD, EUR, GBP, CAD, JPY, THB, ZAR, SGD, NZD and HKD. By locking in your exchange rate in advance and knowing exactly how much of a foreign currency is loaded on your card, the BankSA Worldwide Wallet can make it easy for you to stay on top of your spending. When you sign up to a BankSA Worldwide Wallet, you’ll also get access to exciting Mastercard travel and shopping perks - Flight Delay Pass, Priceless Cities and Mastercard Travel Rewards.
A target market determination has been made for this product. Please visit banksa.com.au/tmd for the target market determination.
Information will be disclosed to third parties about you and your Product, or transactions made by you with the Product, as necessary for the service provision or as required by law. BankSA’s Privacy Statement explains our commitment to the protection of your personal information or you can learn more by calling 13 13 76.
1. You will be reimbursed for any unauthorised transactions, provided that you have not contributed to the loss, exercised reasonable care in protecting your card and account, and promptly notified BankSA upon becoming aware of loss, theft, or misuse.
2. You must register each flight before its scheduled departure time. A flight is defined as a single scheduled airline flight under a single flight number. Delay must be officially announced by the airline and reported to our flight status data service provider. Flight Delay Pass is only available at selected airport terminals. If you are under 18 years old, you must be accompanied by an adult (18 years of age and older) to enter participating lounges. Access to and use of the Flight Delay Pass is subject to T&Cs which may change from time to time. Visit flightdelaypass.mastercard.com/worldwidewallet for the T&Cs and the list of participating lounges.
4. Individual terms and conditions (T&Cs) apply to each offer. The T&Cs of each offer are specified on mtr.mastercardservices.com/en/i/20657. Cashback is available on international spend only. Cashback is not available for any local or domestic spend (in Australia). Cashback applies to qualifying transactions only (where a cardholder makes a purchase that meets the cashback offers published criteria and the specific T&Cs, in the local currency stipulated). Cashback is not processed immediately and will not reduce the purchase price of goods and services at the point of sale. The processing of cashback offers is undertaken by automated Mastercard systems and will appear as a credit on your next BankSA card statement. Mastercard Travel Rewards is operated by Mastercard in agreement with BankSA. For the Worldwide Wallet, the cashback processed will depend on the currencies available on your card and the location of your purchase. Examples of how a rebate may be processed are: If the destination currency is listed as a currency into which you can load funds onto your Card, the rebate will be credited as a single amount to the destination currency regardless of whether you have any funds available in that currency; or If the destination currency is not listed as a currency into which you can load funds onto your Card, the rebate will be credited to the local currency in the country in which your Prepaid Card was issued, i.e. AUD.
5. No ATM withdrawal fee at Westpac Group or Select Westpac Group partner ATMs in Australia and Global ATM Alliance partners. Other fees and charges may be payable.
6.The spare card should only be used if the Primary Card has been lost or stolen. For your security, the spare card should only be used by yourself, and not given to anyone else.
Internet connection may be needed to make purchases using Google Pay or Samsung Pay and normal mobile data charges apply.
Google Pay is a trademark of Google Inc.
Samsung and Samsung Pay are trademarks or registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Mastercard and Priceless are registered trademarks, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.