WHAT ‘KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER’ MEANS FOR YOU
Why are you contacting me?
We’ll contact you if we need more information or to confirm the information we already have, as part of our:
- Regulatory and compliance requirements
- Product terms and conditions, or changes to them
- Ability to maintain your account security and access.
How do I know it’s really BankSA contacting me?
Who’ll be making contact
Requests for customer identification and verification will come from our 'Know Your Customer', 'Foreign Tax' and 'Customer Verification' teams.
Next steps if we’ve contacted you
Information we may need you to provide
You may be required to provide further information about your:
- Foreign tax residency information
- Source of funds, source of wealth, business relationship purpose
- Beneficial owner information (if non-individual entity), industry information relevant to your entity type.
How you’ll need to provide that information
You can re-identify or provide the requested information by:
- Attending your local branch
- Completing the forms sent to you in the mail.
- Using the Electronic Verification invitation you may have received via our secure Internet Banking messages by searching Verify ID (available for eligible customers who have a current email on file).
How often could I be asked?
You’ll need to update your personal details with us whenever they change. We’ll also need to confirm your personal information from time to time as part of our ongoing regulatory obligations to ensure your details are complete, current and accurate.
What happens if I don’t confirm my details?
Account access may be restricted
If you don’t update your personal details or respond to our request, we may restrict access to your banking, including joint accounts or accounts you're a signatory to, until you do so.
Why are the restrictions applied?
The restrictions ensure your account remains secure until we verify your information and reinstate your access. We'll notify you about any restrictions at least 14 days before applied.
What should I do?
Please keep your contact details up-to-date so we can notify you if we require further information.
What else could I be doing to keep safe?
Account and identity security
What you need to know about verifying and updating your details to better protect your account and identity.
Your security wellbeing check
Learn how to safeguard your information with safety measures to give you added protection when banking online.
More to explore
Our handy guides, articles, and resources – all designed to help you keep your identity and accounts safe and secure.
Qualifying for BankSA's security guarantees
- Have not shared your logon details or secure codes
- Have not voluntarily participated in the transaction
- Immediately informed us of any unauthorised activity
Fraud Money Back Guarantee
- Unauthorised transaction made without your knowledge
- Reported promptly within your billing cycle
- Haven't voluntarily agreed to the transaction
Read the at banksa.com.au before making a decision and consider whether the product is right for you.
Our Privacy Statement explains how we collect, use and disclose your personal information and credit-related information. Our Privacy Statement also provides information about how you can access and correct your personal information and make a complaint. You can read our Privacy Statement online or by calling us on 13 13 76.
Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.