We have a proud history of supporting our customers, communities and employees in the face of natural disasters such as bushfires, storms, floods or severe weather events.
Depending on the nature of disasters, our Disaster Support generally includes:
Home Loans and Insurance customers
- Home Loan customers may apply to defer payments for up to three months.
- Affected BankSA customers with Home and Contents insurance may be eligible to make a claim.
Credit Cards, Personal Loans and Term Deposits
- Credit card customers may apply to defer payments to their card for up to 90 days.
- Customers experiencing hardship may also be offered a halt on all interest accrual on unsecured credit products for a period of up to three months.
- Term deposit customers can withdraw funds early without any interest rate reduction.
- Business loan customers may apply to defer repayments for up to three months.
- Businesses with existing loans can request loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank establishment fees.
- Business customers with merchant facilities are eligible to receive assistance, including monthly terminal access fee refunds for up to three months.
To access financial assistance
Disaster Relief Package and credit reporting
A Disaster Relief Package is an agreement between you and your lender to adjust or defer your loan repayment obligations because something has happened which has impacted your ability to repay. Under credit reporting, this is supplied as a financial hardship arrangement and it may help improve your repayment information on your credit report if you meet your revised repayments.
View Financial Hardship Assistance and Credit Reporting to find out more.
Call our customer helpline on 1800 679 461 Monday - Friday 7:30am – 7:30pm, Saturday 8:30am – 4:30pm or visit your local BankSA branch to discuss your circumstances and the financial relief available to you.