BankSA provides disaster relief package for customers affected by fires in South Australia
Tuesday, 24 December 2019
BankSA today announced a relief package to assist customers suffering hardship as a result of fires across South Australia.
BankSA’s Disaster Relief Package offers immediate financial help to customers affected by the fires, with BankSA staff providing additional support for those in need through local branches and contact centres.
Chief Executive of BankSA, Nick Reade, said the wellbeing of customers and local communities impacted by these fires was its highest priority.
“This is a difficult time for many in fire-affected communities, and particularly for those South Australians who have been directly impacted. It’s extremely hard emotionally, physically and financially,” Mr Reade said.
“By offering additional support to our customers, we hope to help alleviate any concern they may have about their financial commitments so that they can concentrate on more important issues at hand.”
As part of BankSA’s Disaster Relief Package:
· Affected customers with BankSA home loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months.
· Affected businesses with existing loans can request loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank establishment fees.
· Affected credit card customers may apply to defer repayments to their card for up to 90 days.
· Customers wishing to purchase replacement goods may apply for a personal loan at a discounted interest rate with no establishment fee.
· BankSA will waive interest rate adjustments for affected customers wishing to withdraw term deposits.
· Affected BankSA customers with home and contents insurance may be eligible to receive assistance, including emergency funds and temporary accommodation, under the terms of their insurance policies.
· Customers experiencing severe hardship will also be offered a halt to all interest accrual on unsecured credit products for a period of up to three months.
BankSA customers who wish to utilise these special relief measures or need assistance are encouraged to contact BankSA Assist on 1800 679 461 to discuss their personal or business circumstances, or visit a local branch.
Mr Reade said that BankSA was also actively supporting fire crews through its branch network in fire affected areas.
People can also make financial donations to the Vinnies SA Bushfire Appeal at their local BankSA branch.
Further information about BankSA’s Disaster Relief Package can be found at www.banksa.com.au