We use social media (including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube) to provide news, education and support to our customers and communities.
On Facebook and Twitter, our Social Bankers are on deck to answer questions and provide service 24/7 (unless access to these social media channels are interrupted by circumstances beyond our control.)
Getting help with your banking and finances
We welcome your questions and suggestions, and will answer them wherever we can.
Be mindful that our social media pages are in the public domain. Information you post there is in public and may be open to opinions or responses from other participants.
Generally, the information we provide in response on social media is factual only. Sometimes we may give advice that is general in nature. To the extent that any advice is provided, it is general information only and should not be considered as a comprehensive statement on any matter and should not be relied upon as such. We will not use social media to give you any advice that takes into account your personal circumstances.
Guidelines for contributing to our Social Media Pages
These guidelines apply to anyone who would like to comment, post, tag, mention or message on our pages.
So when asking us questions or providing suggestions, keep in mind:
- Please don’t share any personal or financial information in public – that is, in posts or as comments or tweets, or images. This includes your contact details, birthday, account details, driver’s licence, tax file number, personal situation or reference numbers.
- Private Messages/ Messenger or Direct Messages can’t be seen by the general public visiting our page, only by our Social Bankers looking after your queries. However, please don’t ever share account numbers, policy numbers or customer IDs with anyone through any social media channels, public or private.
- When sending us a Private Message or Direct Message, for security please only provide your contact details, a summary of your question, and a postcode or account name if we request it, and we can arrange a call-back.
- When we call back, we’ll ask you to confirm your identity to make sure we’re speaking to the right person, then you can fill us in.
Good social behaviour
We feel all visitors to our social media pages should feel respected and safe, so we may moderate our social media pages to remove inappropriate content. When making comments, please:
- be respectful of others’ comments and views.
- Use considerate and appropriate language.
- Don’t make remarks that are defamatory, disparaging, abusive, offensive, attacking, violent, threatening or use profanities.
- Don’t post images or other media that are offensive, or belong to others. Please note that infringement on any party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, intellectual property, or other proprietary rights, or right of publicity or privacy is strictly prohibited and is your sole responsibility.
- Don’t make negative comments in relation to the portrayal of any group based on race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, age, sexual preference, religion or disability.
- Don’t solicit for your business or cause.
- Don’t share links or material that may cause security breaches.
We welcome all feedback, both positive and negative, but it will sometimes be necessary to moderate content on our social media channels. We reserve the right to remove any comments, images, links or other contributions solely at our discretion, including those which are:
- inaccurate, misleading or a misrepresentation
- providing financial advice
- over-sharing, or a breach of your or someone else’s confidentiality, security or privacy, including that of BankSA, the Westpac Group or our staff
- offensive, violent, attacking, abusive, derogatory or vilifying of others, including BankSA, the Westpac Group or our staff
- subject to legal, regulatory or ombudsman proceedings
- repeated statements, attempts to flood the page, or otherwise disrupt other visitors’ access to our support
- off-topic or unrelated to the conduct of our business or our customers’ queries
- otherwise not in the spirit of these guidelines, or causing undue concern or discomfort to our visitors.
Our commitment on social media
If you see any behaviour by us, including our staff, on social media that concerns you, please contact us by inboxing any of our social media profiles.
Information provided by us on our social media pages and all matters relating to them are governed by and are to be construed according to the laws applicable in the State of New South Wales and the Commonwealth of Australia. The information on the social media platforms may not satisfy the laws of any other country besides Australia. Unless otherwise stated expressly, products and services referred to on our social media sites are only available in Australia.
Visitors and contributors should also be aware of and observe each social media platform’s own guidelines for community behaviour.
All images and media we publish on our social media pages are used with permission.
Westpac Group is not responsible for and does not endorse or guarantee content, availability, viewpoints, products or services that are offered or expressed in posts by others on our pages.
Neither BankSA nor any other company in the Westpac Group nor any of their directors, employees and associates gives any warranty of reliability or accuracy nor accepts any responsibility arising in any other way including by reason of negligence for, errors in, or omissions from, any information given by Westpac Group on the social media pages and does not accept any liability for any loss or damage, however caused, as a result of any person relying on any information on the social media sites. This disclaimer is subject to any applicable contrary provisions of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act and Competition and Consumer Act.