Personal loan interest rates
|Term||Annual rate||Comparison rate^|
|Variable interest rate from||
|Fixed interest rate from||
|Variable interest rate||14.99% p.a.1|
How to apply
Any advice on this website is general in nature and has been prepared without considering your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please read the product disclaimer and Terms and Conditions documents and consider your individual circumstances before applying for a BankSA Personal Loan. Credit criteria, fees, charges, terms and conditions apply. Information correct as of 10 February 2021.
~1.5% p.a. interest rate discount: Information current as at 18 February 2021. Offer is only available to a customer who applies by 15 April 2021 and is approved for a new fixed rate BankSA Unsecured Personal Loan application via the ‘apply online’ application link, by calling 13 13 76, or by visiting a branch. Offer is not available when refinancing existing Westpac Group (including Westpac, St.George Bank, BankSA & Bank of Melbourne) personal loans. Eligible customers will receive a special offer interest rate of from 9.99% p.a. (comparison rate 11.08% p.a.) on a new fixed rate Unsecured Personal Loan, which represents a 1.5% discount on the current advertised from rate of 11.49% p.a. (comparison rate 12.57% p.a.). This offer is open to single applicants only. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and may be varied or withdrawn at any time. All other fees are outlined on Unsecured Personal Loan and in the Terms and Conditions apply. Our personalised pricing means your loan interest rate may vary depending on our credit assessment and the detail you provide us in your application. As a result, the interest rate we offer you may vary and will be presented to you on your loan offer contract. Read the product Terms and Conditions, including the Internet and Phone Banking Terms and Conditions before making a decision and consider whether the product is appropriate for you. If you need help, please call us on 13 13 76.
^Comparison rates: Comparison rates help you understand the true cost of a loan. All comparison rate examples shown are for a personal loan amount of $30,000 and a term of 5 years. WARNING: Comparison rates apply only to the example or examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different loan amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as redraw fees or early repayment fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan.
Unsecured Personal Loan repayment terms range from 1 to 5 years for a fixed rate loan and 1 to 7 years for a variable rate loan. Interest rate ranges and representative examples are based on an unsecured loan of $30,000 borrowed for 5 years:
- The minimum interest rate for an unsecured fixed rate loan is 9.99% p.a. (Comparison rate 11.08% p.a.) with the estimated total amount payable including fees is $39,204.
- The maximum interest rate for an unsecured fixed rate loan is 15.90% p.a. (Comparison rate 16.95% p.a.) with the estimated total amount payable including fees is $44,681.
- The minimum interest rate for an unsecured variable rate loan is 12.99% p.a. (Comparison rate 14.06% p.a.) with the estimated total amount payable including fees is $41,932.
- The maximum interest rate for an unsecured variable rate loan is 18.90% p.a. (comparison rate 19.93% p.a.). The estimated total amount payable including fees is $47,617.
Secured Personal Loan repayment terms range from 1 to 5 years for a fixed rate loan and 1 to 7 years for a variable rate loan. Interest rate ranges and representative examples are based on an unsecured loan of $30,000 borrowed for 5 years:
- The minimum and maximum interest rate for a secured fixed rate loan is 7.49% p.a. (Comparison rate 8.60% p.a.) with the estimated total amount payable including fees is $37,014.
- The minimum and maximum interest rate for a secured variable rate loan is 12.74% p.a. (Comparison rate 13.81% p.a.) with the estimated total amount payable including fees is $41,701.
*To qualify for a lower interest rate, the motor vehicle offered as security must not be more than 12 years old upon loan expiry. The vehicle used as security must be registered under the applicant's name and made locally or imported by the manufacturer and all the lending criteria met. If the loan to value ratio of your loan is greater than 150%, then an extra 1% p.a. may be added to the presented interest rate shown for your secured loan.
1. Interest is charged daily and is charged on the balance owing on your account for the end of that day if it is a debit balance. If the balance owing on your account exceeds the overdraft limit (or if a transaction would cause this to happen) we may, without notice, decline, stop or reverse the transaction or we may choose to honour the transaction. You will be charged a fee when we exercise our discretion to honour the transaction. If the overdraft limit is exceeded, you must immediately repay the excess. Higher interest charges may apply until you do so.
Unless otherwise specified, the products and services described on this website are available only in Australia from BankSA - A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.