Personal loan interest rates
|Term||Annual rate||Comparison rate1|
|Variable interest rate from5||
|Fixed interest rate from5||
|Variable interest rate||14.99% p.a.^|
|Variable interest rate||17.00% p.a.4|
How to apply
Credit criteria, terms and conditions, fees and charges apply.
Before making a decision, it's best to read the terms and conditions:
- Secured and Unsecured Personal Loans
- Personal Loan Fees and Charges
- Get Set Loan
- Unsecured Personal Overdraft
The advice on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this or any advice, please consider if it's right for you. If you need help, call 13 13 76.
1. The comparison rate is based on a Secured Personal Loan of $30000 for a term of 5 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate.
Secured Personal Loan Repayment terms range from 1 to 7 years. Interest rate ranges and representative examples are based on a secured loan of $30,000 borrowed for 5 years:
- with the minimum interest rate of 7.49% p.a. (comparison rate 8.60% p.a.), the estimated total amount payable including fees is $37,014
- with the maximum interest rate of 12.74% p.a. (comparison rate 13.81% p.a.), the estimated total amount payable including fees is $41,701.
2. Comparison rates: Comparison rates help you understand the true cost of a loan. All comparison rate examples shown are for a personal loan amount of $30,000 and a term of 5 years. WARNING: Comparison rates apply only to the example or examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different loan amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as redraw fees or early repayment fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan.
Our personalised pricing means the interest rate on an approved application may vary, based on the information you provided and our credit assessment criteria. Personalised pricing interest rates are from 9.99% p.a. to 15.90% p.a. Rates may change and margins may apply in some circumstances. Your loan is more likely to be approved if you’ve been with BankSA for six months or more.
Unsecured Personal Loan repayment terms range from 1 to 5 years for a fixed rate loan and 1 to 7 years for a variable rate loan. Interest rate ranges and representative examples are based on an unsecured loan of $30,000 borrowed for 5 years:
- The minimum interest rate for an unsecured fixed rate loan is 9.99% p.a. (Comparison rate 11.08% p.a.) with the estimated total amount payable including fees is $39,204.
- The maximum interest rate for an unsecured fixed rate loan is 15.90% p.a. (Comparison rate 16.95% p.a.) with the estimated total amount payable including fees is $44,681.
- The minimum interest rate for an unsecured variable rate loan is 12.99% p.a. (Comparison rate 14.06% p.a.) with the estimated total amount payable including fees is $41,932.
- The maximum interest rate for an unsecured variable rate loan is 18.90% p.a. (comparison rate 19.93% p.a.). The estimated total amount payable including fees is $47,617.
3. 1.5% p.a. interest rate discount: Information correct as at 19 August 2020. Offer is only available to a customer who applies by 30 September 2020 and is approved for a new fixed rate BankSA Unsecured Personal Loan application via the ‘Apply online’ application link, by calling 13 13 76, or by visiting a branch. Eligible customers will receive a special offer interest rate of from 9.99% p.a. (comparison rate 11.08% p.a.^) on a fixed rate BankSA Unsecured Personal Loan, which represents a 1.5% discount on the current advertised from rate of from 11.49% p.a. (comparison rate 12.57% p.a.^). This offer is open to single applicants only. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and may be varied or withdrawn at any time. All other fees outlined on banksa.com.au/personal/personal-loans/unsecured-loan. Read the product Terms and Conditions, including the Internet and Phone Banking Terms and Conditions before making a decision and consider whether the product is appropriate for you. If you need help, call 13 13 76.
4. For new loans approved from 16th March 2015.
5. To qualify for a lower interest rate, any motor vehicle offered as security must not be more than 12 years old upon loan expiry. The vehicle used as security must be registered under the applicant's name. Initial rate indications quoted prior to full Loan-to-valuation ratio being completed may change dependant on the valuation of security offered.
* Interest rate applicable to new loans approved on or after 21st July 2020.
^ Interest rate applicable to new loans approved on or after 22nd November 2015.