Youth and Student
Whether you’re under 21, studying or doing an apprenticeship, find out how BankSA can help.
First you'll need a Student and U21’s account that lets you transact how you want with fee-free everyday banking. Take a minute to check out the account features, and see how you can save by banking smarter.
Simple, fee-free everyday banking
Every dollar counts! Getting the right accounts is an important first step. You might be eligible for a low cost student account. Don’t forget to make the most of your savings with a high interest savings account.
Planning a backpacking tour or study trip? Financially planning for holidays involves different possible financial options. BankSA has a range of personal loans, debit and credit cards, foreign currency and travel insurance covers.
Access your accounts via
With some of the most advanced and secure online banking technology available to you 24 hours, 7 days a week2, now you can manage your banking where or when it suits you.
Suggested accounts for you
- $0 monthly account service fee for under 21yrs and students including apprentices.
- Unlimited free everyday transactions at Bank of Melbourne / St.George / Westpac / BankSA ATMs, in Bank of Melbourne branches, eftpos, BPAY®, direct debit, Bank@Post™ and Internet, Mobile and Phone Banking1
- Unlimited free Email Alerts each month to track account balances and transactions
- If you're 14 or older and have an Australian residential address, get a Visa Debit Card to shop securely at home, online or overseas using money from your Complete Freedom for U21s and Students account.
New Maxi Saver customers can earn up to 2.85% p.a. including a bonus 2.05% p.a. which is fixed for the first 3 months3, with no monthly account service fee and no everyday banking transaction fees4.
Conditions and fees apply.
Before making a decision, it’s best to read the terms and conditions.
- Transaction, Savings + Investment Accounts Banking Services Terms and Conditions + General Information
- Transaction, Savings & Investment Accounts - Fees & Charges and How to Minimise Them
- Interest rates
Please read these documents and keep a copy. You can request a paper copy at a branch.
The information on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this, please consider if it's right for you. If you need help, call 13 13 76.
1 Daily transaction limits apply.
2 Subject to systems availability.
3 If you open a new Maxi Saver account and you have not held a Maxi Saver account before and you are a personal customer, you'll earn an extra bonus of 2.05% p.a. on top of the standard variable Maxi Saver rate during the Promotional Rate Period. The Promotional Rate Period is the first 3 months from the date your account is opened.
4 Maxi Saver has no monthly account service fee but other fees and charges apply, including for branch access. To hold a Maxi Saver account you must also hold an eligible BankSA working account in the same name or have an existing eligible BankSA joint account with your name included in the title. Fees and charges may be payable on your eligible working account.