An easy access everyday bank account
- $0 monthly account service fee if you deposit $2,000 per month by the last business day of the month 1(otherwise $5 per month)
- Free SMS and email alerts to manage your banking
- Cardless cash - take cash out without your card2
Forget the monthly service fee and still enjoy the benefits.
Our no-frills transaction account
- Lower monthly account service fee for everyday banking with pay-as-you-go services
- $0 monthly account service fee when you deposit at least $1,000 by the last business day of the month3 (otherwise $3 per month)
Need some help?
Conditions and fees apply.
Before making a decision, it’s best to read the terms and conditions.
- Transaction, Savings + Investment Accounts Banking Services Terms and Conditions + General Information
- Transaction, Savings & Investment Accounts - Fees & Charges and How to Minimise Them
- Interest Rates
- Before using Internet and Phone Banking please read the BankSA Terms and Conditions for Internet Banking and Phone Banking.
Please read these documents and keep a copy. You can request a paper copy at a branch.
The information on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this, please consider if it's right for you. If you need help, call 13 13 76.
1. The monthly account service fee of $5 will apply, if by the last business day of the month, you do not deposit a minimum of $2,000.
2. Cardless Cash is available on eligible transaction accounts with a linked card. Cardless Cash limit of 3 cardless transactions per day, subject to daily withdrawal limit of $500 and weekly withdrawal limit of $1,000. All Cardless Cash limits apply across St.George, BankSA and Bank of Melbourne accounts and Mobile Banking apps. Only available at St.George, BankSA and Bank of Melbourne ATMs in Australia.
3. The monthly account service fee of $3 will apply to your Express Freedom Account, if by the last business day of the month, you do not deposit a minimum of $1,000.
4. ‘Purchases’ refers to purchases made in Australian dollars using the Visa Debit Card, FreedomCard, your Maestro/ Cirrus ATM Card or BPAY® to a merchant in Australia. We also round withdrawals using your Visa Debit Card when you press the credit button at an ATM, withdraw from an Electronic Agency and through Bank@Post, and purchases overseas using your Maestro/Cirrus ATM card.
5. Other fees and charges may apply.
6. Retirement Access Plus Account has no monthly account service fees but other fees and charges apply if the minimum monthly account balance is less than $20,000.
7. The monthly account service fee of $6 will apply if your organisation is a government organisation, and your minimum monthly balance is under $10,000.
8. Customers must be 14 or older and have an Australian residential address to be eligible for a Visa Debit Card. If you're not eligible, you may be offered a FreedomCard to access your account.