- Flexible repayment options
- Portfolio Loan is a flexible line of credit that combines your personal and investment finances into one home loan
- Create up to 10 sub-accounts2 under your Portfolio Loan to suit your investment and lifestyle needs
- Apply to borrow up to 90% of your home's value to make other investments and build assets - such as shares, investment properties or even a new car1
- Deposit your income directly into your Portfolio Loan, so every dollar will work to save you interest
How to apply
Conditions, fees and credit criteria apply.
Before making a decision, it's best to read the terms and conditions:
- Residential Loan Agreement – General Terms and Conditions
- Portfolio Loan Agreement - General Terms and Conditions
- Loan Accounts – Charges for specific services and accounts
Your welcome letter, which contains the loan offer and other information such as interest rates and fees.
Please read these documents and keep a copy. You can request a paper copy at a branch.
The advice on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this or any advice, please consider if it’s right for you. If you need help, call 13 13 76.
1. Property value as determined by BankSA. Generally, Lender's Mortgage Insurance is required on loans above 80% of the value of the property offered as security.
2. A sub-account holder must be one or more of the Portfolio Loan borrowers. The remaining borrowers on the Portfolio Loan must be guarantors on that sub account. Any Portfolio Loan borrower who is not a sub-account holder of a particular sub-account must guarantee that sub-account.
3. Subject to systems availability.
4. Other upfront fees and costs may apply.
5. The comparison rate is based on a loan of $150,000 over a 25 year term. After the first year the interest rate will revert to the applicable Standard Variable Rate unless the customer chooses to switch to a Fixed Rate Home Loan. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate.
6. Advantage Package annual fee of $395 applies, other fees may be payable. The fee savings apply for the duration of the package. Contact BankSA to see if you are eligible to receive Advantage Package benefits.
7. Rate lock requests are subject to our approval. Fees apply.
* Credit criteria fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions are available on request. This offer is available for applications received from 1 July 2013 for a limited time only on applications received under the Advantage Package. Offer is not available for loan refinances of existing St.George home loans, BankSA, and Bank of Melbourne home loans. Advantage Package Conditions of Use apply and are available upon request. Advantage Package annual fee, currently $395, is payable from an eligible BankSA transactional account.
Special interest rate discounts: In addition to the conditions set out above, the following interest rate discounts are only available in Advantage Package for Standard Variable Rate Loans and Portfolio Variable Rate Loans and for the following loan amounts: Loans between $150,000 and $249,999, % p.a. discount, for loans between $250,000 and $499,999, % p.a. discount. For loans greater than $500,000, % p.a. discount will be applied. Special rate discounts include the standard Advantage Package discount of % p.a. discount and do not apply to internal refinances and are not transferrable between loans. If you apply outside of the offer period, standard Advantage Package discounts will apply which are available at http://www.banksa.com.au/personal/home-loans/our-home-loans/popular/standard-variable-rate.
There may be tax consequences arising from this promotion for our business customers and rental property investors. This is not taxation advice. Customers should seek independent taxation advice on any taxation matters.
BankSA – A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714. (03/12)