Basic Home Loan
- A basic, no frills home loan with a lower variable interest rate1
- $0 establishment fee if loan amount is greater than $150,0004 - for customers making Principal & Interest repayments only
- $0 monthly service fee4
- Flexible repayment options
- Make extra payments to save on interest, with the option to request a redraw of your funds if you need them2
- Ideal for first home owners or anyone who wants a no-frills, basic home loan. First home buyers may be eligible for the government’s First Home Owner Grant.
A BankSA home loan expert will contact you at your preferred time.
How to apply
BankSA's normal lending criteria apply. Conditions and fees apply and may change.
Before making a decision, it’s best to read the terms and conditions:
- Residential Loan Agreement – General Terms and Conditions
- Loan Accounts – Charges for specific services and accounts
Please read these documents and keep a copy. You can request a paper copy at a branch.
Conditions and fees apply. BankSA, a division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL 233714 issues the products on this website. The advice on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this or any advice, please consider if it's right for you. If you need help, call 13 13 76 Monday to Saturday 7.30am - 7.30pm.
* The comparison rate is based on a loan of $150,000 over a 25 year term. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate.
^ Rate includes 0.83% p.a. discount for Owner Occupier purposes or a 0.81% p.a. discount for Residential Investment purposes applied to our Basic Home Loan offer for the life of the loan. This offer may be withdrawn at any time. This offer is only available for new Basic Home Loan applications received from 08 May 2017. Interest rates subject to change (and margins may apply). Call us for more information on current offers available. Excludes internal refinances and switches within St.George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA.
1. As compared to our standard variable interest rate.
2. Redraw requests and repayment pause are subject to our approval. Fees apply.
3. Lender’s Mortgage Insurance is generally payable on loans exceeding 80% of the value of your property
4. Upfront fees and other fees and charges may apply.
# Excludes Investment loan applications where the principal property securing the loan will be used to derive rental income or where the loan application purpose is to invest in real estate or to construct or make property improvements to an investment property.
## Excludes loan applications for owner occupier purposes (where the owner owns the property in which they live or intend to live in). Includes Investment loan applications where the principal property securing the loan will be used to derive rental income or where the loan application purpose is to invest in real estate or to construct or make property improvements to an investment property.