Fixed rate home loan
Why choose our Fixed Rate Home Loan?
Choose to make your repayments weekly, fortnightly or monthly5.
Lock in a fixed rate
Lock in your fixed rate when you apply, so if rates rise before you settle, you won’t be affected (fees apply)1.
Interest in advance
Choose to pay interest in advance on investment loans and get 0.2% p.a. off the fixed interest rate for the interest in advance period2.
Package and save
Package your home loan, credit card and transaction account for a home loan interest rate discount and fee waivers4, for a $395 annual package fee. Unavailable on Basic Home Loans.
Use the equity in a family member’s home to help you on your home buying journey and maximise the amount you can borrow. Learn more
At the end of your fixed rate period
Choose to re-fix your interest rate for another fixed rate period or let it revert automatically to our standard variable interest rate3.
Fixed Rate Home Loan
For new Owner Occupier (Principal & Interest) packaged4 home loans, $395 annual package fee applies. LVR+ up to 70%. If you’re an existing Bank of Melbourne Home Loan customer, find out how to manage your home loan.
1 year fixed rate
2 year fixed rate
3 year fixed rate
4 year fixed rate
5 year fixed rate
|$0||Lending establishment fee6|
|$0||Loan account fee|
|$395||with Advantage Package4|
|0.15%||Fixed rate - lock-in fee (minimum fee amount $500)|
What is Rate Lock and how do I apply?
With the Rate Lock feature, you can lock in the current fixed interest rate. This way, for a fee, you are protected from the possibility of rising interest rates. If the current rate falls below your 'locked in’ rate on your settlement date, you'll be given the lower rate. Rate Lock will hold the current fixed rate for up to 90 days after you have locked in the rate for a fee of 0.15% of the loan amount (minimum fee amount $500, maximum charge is capped at $1,000 for loans up to $2M, and 0.15% of the loan amount for loan above $2M).
To apply for the Rate Lock feature, you can speak directly with your Home Finance Manager or Broker.
Get $2K cashback when you refinance to us
Switch your loan to BankSA and you could lower your repayments, or pay off your your loan faster.
$2,000 Refinance Cashback per primary applicant for applications received from 1st September 2023. Settlement must occur within 120 days of applying. Offer may be varied or withdrawn at any time. Limit of one $2,000 cashback payment regardless of the number of applications, applicants, properties or loans involved per 12 month period. For joint applications, only one cashback payment will be paid to the primary applicant.
The cashback will be paid into a BankSA transaction account within 60 days of settlement. The transaction account must be in the same name as the home loan account and linked to the home loan at the time of settlement. This account must be kept open for 60 days after settlement.
For the $2,000 cashback offer, tax consequences may arise for investors and you should seek independent advice.
It's easy to get started
Save time, apply online
Apply online for a home loan, conditional approval or to switch to us.
- You could get approval in 1 business day
- Dedicated lender will support you from application to settlement.
Book an appointment
A member of our team will be in touch at a time that suits you.
- They’ll answer your questions and guide you through your next steps.
- A lender can start your application for you.
Conditions, credit criteria, fees and charges apply. Based on BankSA’s credit criteria, residential lending is not available for Non-Australian resident borrowers. Interest rates subject to change. Before making a decision, it’s best to read the terms and conditions.
The information on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this, please consider if it’s right for you. If you need help, call 1300 000 266 Tax consequences may arise from promotions for investors and customers should seek independent advice on any taxation matters.
*Comparison Rate: The comparison rate is based on a loan of $150,000 over a term of 25 years. After the fixed rate period expires the interest rate will revert to the applicable Standard Variable rate based on loan category and repayment type. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the example given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate.
**Available for Owner Occupier and Investment Property Loans with Principal & Interest and Interest only repayments.
+LVR stands for the initial loan to value ratio. LVR is the amount of your loan compared to the Bank’s valuation of your property offered to secure your loan expressed as a percentage. Home loan rates for new loans are set based on the initial LVR and won’t change during the life of the loan as the LVR changes.
^^FASTRefi®: Only available: on eligible new BankSA home loans; on eligible home loans with your current lender; if your other lender is on the FASTRefi® process list of eligible financial institutions. Your other lender may charge you an additional settlement agent fee, as well as fixed rate home loan break costs. Loan suitability for the FASTRefi® product is determined by BankSA in conjunction with the insurance product guidelines. FASTRefi® is provided by First American Title Insurance Company of Australia Pty Limited ABN 64 075 279 908 Australian Financial Services Licence 263876, trading as First Title, an Australian general insurance company authorised by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority. Conditions, fees and charges apply. Lending criteria apply to approval of credit products. This info doesn’t take your personal objectives, circumstances or needs into account, so please consider FASTRefi’s® appropriateness and read the disclosure documents for your selected loan, including the Terms and Conditions, before deciding.
Fixed rate home loan: BankSA will apply the fixed rate that is available at the loan settlement date or the date the fixed rate period commences. At the end of the fixed rate period the interest rate will convert to the applicable variable home loan interest rate.
2. A discount of 0.2% p.a. will apply only if the interest in advance amount is deducted from a BankSA transaction account.
3. If at any time before the end of a fixed rate period you switch to another product, interest rate (fixed or variable) or repayment type, then a break cost fee may apply. Switch break costs are explained in the .
4. Advantage Package Terms and Conditions apply. A $395 annual package fee applies and is payable from an eligible BankSA transaction account. An Advantage Package discount has been included in the advertised eligible rate. The discount and fee savings apply for the duration of the package. Before deciding to acquire a BankSA transaction account, read the terms and conditions, and consider if the product is right for you.
5. If you make a prepayment beyond the prepayment threshold or change to another repayment type then break costs and fees may apply. Customers can make prepayments of up to the $30,000 prepayment threshold for the entire fixed period without break costs or fees applying. For fixed rate loans taken up prior to 18 August 2019, customers can make prepayments of up to the $10,000 prepayment threshold in each 12 month period without break cost or fees applying. Prepayment break costs are explained in the .
6. Upfront fees and other fees and charges may apply.