A BankSA transaction account is a great way to take care of your day-to-day banking needs.
Handy features include:
- Easy access to your cash at multilingual ATMs (8 languages to choose from)
- Shop securely online with your own money using a Visa Debit card (backed up by the BankSA Fraud Money Back guarantee)2
- Mobile and Internet Banking, so you can look after your money anywhere, anytime.
Everyday bank account
Our Complete Freedom account is an everyday bank account that gives you easy access to your cash the way that suits you.
Visa Debit card
A Visa Debit card gives you convenient and secure card access to your money in Australia and overseas.
- You can shop securely online, at home, over the phone, or overseas. Use your own money from your account (not credit from a credit card) wherever Visa is accepted
- Withdraw cash at ATMs in Australia and around the world (just look for the Visa logo) (fees may apply)
- Security - Added protection with chip technology, giving you the latest card security
ATMs in Australia and overseas
We've got a network of over 3,000 multilingual Westpac Group ATMs that you can use in the following languages:
You'll also enjoy no ATM withdrawal fee at our network of ATMS. And when you're overseas you can save a $5 ATM withdrawal fee by using over 50,000 ATMs belonging to the Global ATM Alliance network.4
BankSA Mobile banking makes it easy for you to do your banking wherever you are. With a full range of banking features and services, you can bank wherever and whenever you choose.
- Check account balances or transfer funds
- Make payments – pay bills, or transfer money to friends and family, even those overseas
- Pay to Mobile – you can make payments to a mobile phone number
- Apply for a credit card, a home loan or a personal loan or open a new bank account
- Schedule future and recurring payments up to 24 months in advance
- Locate the nearest BankSA ATM or branch
- Activate new credit or debit cards
- Travel Notifications – tell us when you are going overseas so we can help protect your accounts while you are away
Keep up to date with SMS and email alerts
SMS and email alerts easily allow you to proactively monitor your accounts 24/7. You can request specific information on account balances, deposits and withdrawals to be sent to you automatically via SMS or email.
Lending criteria, terms and conditions, Fees and charges apply.
Before making a decision, it's best to read the terms and conditions and decide whether the product is appropriate for you..
- Transaction, Savings + Investment Accounts Banking Services Terms and Conditions + General Information
- Transaction, Savings & Investment Accounts - Fees & Charges and How to Minimise Them
- Interest rates
- Before using Internet and Phone Banking please read the BankSA Terms and Conditions for Internet Banking and Phone Banking. Internet connection is needed and normal mobile data charges apply.
Please read these documents and keep a copy. You can request a paper copy at a branch.
The advice on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this or any advice, please consider if it's right for you. If you need help, call 13 13 76.
1. To be eligible for a Visa Debit Card, you must have an Australian residential address and be over 14 years of age. If you're not eligible, you may be offered a Handycard to access your account.
2. The Fraud Money Back Guarantee ensures that customers will be reimbursed for any unauthorised transactions provided that the customer has not contributed to the loss and contacted promptly. Refer to the cards' terms and conditions for full details, including when a customer will be liable.
3. Full time tertiary students and apprentices must drop into any branch with their student ID to enjoy $0 monthly service fee.
4. Other fees and charges may be payable. A 3% Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee applies to overseas debit card withdrawals .