Want to save on overseas ATM withdrawal fees?
- You won’t pay any ATM withdrawal fee at overseas ATMs that are part of our Global Alliance ATM network.1
- No matter where in the world you are, it’s easy to find the nearest Global ATM Alliance with the ATM locator.
A Global Currency Card can make managing your travel money a breeze
- Use your card when you travel to shop & get money out
- Lock in your exchange rate in advance
- No withdrawal fees at Westpac Group ATMs and over 50,000 ATMs overseas1
- Avoid the 3% foreign transaction fee4
- Top up your card instantly in Online Banking
- Load up to 5 currencies out of a choice of 11
Different ways to access your money
Things to keep in mind
- A BankSA Visa Debit Card2 lets you access your own money to make purchases, wherever Visa is accepted. You can also use your Visa Debit Card to withdraw local currency from ATMs (fees apply).1
- For Credit Cardholders who currently withdraw money in Australia from a linked Savings or Cheque account, it is important to know that this functionality may not be available when using overseas ATMs, including Global ATM Alliance ATMs. To ensure access to a Savings and/or Cheque account when overseas please speak to us about obtaining a Visa Debit Card for these accounts.
- A 3% BankSA Foreign Transaction Fee applies to overseas debit or credit card withdrawals. A 2% cash advance fee applies to credit card withdrawals where the "Credit" option is selected.
- The daily withdrawal limit for a BankSA Visa Debit Card is A$1000. This limit can be increased to a maximum of $2,000 by visiting a BankSA branch or calling Telephone Banking on 13 33 22.
- Some overseas banks may charge an ATM fee for withdrawals. This will be brought to your attention before you proceed with the transaction and can be avoided by using one of our Global ATM Alliance network ATMs.
- You may wish to carry some foreign cash3 to make it easier to pay for incidental expenses like fares and tips.
Information is current as at 19 January 2018.
You should read the BankSA Global Currency Card Product Disclosure Statement before making a decision and consider whether this product is appropriate for you. This information does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and you should consider its appropriateness having regard to these factors before deciding to acquire this product.
BankSA – A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714, is the distributor of this product. Rev Australia Pty Ltd ACN 117 378 953 AFSL 401610 manages the BankSA Global Currency Card product for Cuscal Limited ACN 087 822 455 AFSL 244116, an authorised deposit-taking institution and a member of Visa International. Cuscal Limited is the issuer of the product but does not take deposits from you. BankSA is not responsible for and does not guarantee this product or card or your ability to access any prepaid value or the use of this product or card. You must be 16 years or older and have an Australian residential address to be eligible for this product. Internet connection is needed to access the BankSA Global Currency Card app. Normal mobile data charges apply. We support Apple iPhone iOS 6 and above and Android™ 2.3 and above. Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
- Global Alliance ATM: No ATM withdrawal fee at Westpac Group ATMs in Australia and over 50,000 ATMs globally via Global ATM Alliance partners. Other fees and charges may be payable.
- VISA Debit: To be eligible for a Visa Debit Card, you must be 14 years or older and have an Australian residential address
You can order a minimum of AUD500 and a maximum total value of AUD10,000 of all foreign cash transactions in any 24hr period. Orders are also limited to a maximum of AUD20,000 over a 21 day period.
- A 3% BankSA foreign exchange fee applies to overseas transactions in a currency other than a Supported Currency.