Information about the General Insurance Code of Practice
We have adopted and support the voluntary General Insurance Code of Practice ('Code').
The Code sets out minimum standards of customer service that we uphold in the services we provide to you.
These standards apply to:
- the initial enquiry and buying of insurance, and the renewal of cover;
- the selling of our products;
- the training of our people;
- claims handling; and
- complaints handling.
In accordance with the objectives of the Code and our internal service standards:
- we ensure that our staff and service providers have adequate training to carry out their claim handling tasks and functions competently;
- within 10 business days of receiving your claim;
a) if no further information, assessment or investigation is required, we will decide to accept or deny your claim and notify you of our decision; or
b) if we consider that further information, assessment or investigation is required, we will:
i) notify you of the detailed information we require to make a decision on your claim;
ii) if necessary, appoint a loss assessor; and
iii) provide an initial estimate of the time required to make a decision on your claim;
- we will accept responsibility for the quality of workmanship and materials where we have selected and directly authorised a repairer; and
- we have in place complaints handling procedures should you have any dissatisfaction regarding the handling of your claim, a decision we have made or the service provided to you.
For more detailed information about the Code please go to www.codeofpractice.com.au