For retirees, we want to provide the banking experience you deserve. Some people love the convenience of Internet and Phone Banking, and are ready to try banking on their mobile. Other people like the personal touch of face-to-face banking in a branch. Whatever you prefer, just let us know and we'll help with a seniors account that's right for you.
Ready to learn about new ways to bank – like Internet and Phone Banking or Mobile Banking? We can help with easy demonstrations in any BankSA branch. You might be surprised at how enjoyable it is to check account balances whenever you like, make transfers or pay bills without leaving your home.
New Maxi Saver customers can earn up to 5.35% p.a. total introductory rate for the first 3 months1 including a 3.90% p.a. introductory fixed interest rate and an online bonus rate of 0.35% p.a. on top of the standard variable rate, currently 1.10% p.a. Reverts to 1.10% p.a. standard variable rate after the first 3 months.
Conditions and fees apply.
Before making a decision, it’s best to read the terms and conditions.
- Transaction, Savings and Investment Accounts: Terms and Conditions (incorporating fees and charges)
- Interest rates
Please read these documents and keep a copy. You can request a paper copy at a branch.
The information on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this, please consider if it's right for you. If you need help, call 13 13 76.
1. Maxi Saver total introductory rate
- The total introductory rate of 5.35% p.a. for the first 3 months is a combination of an introductory fixed interest rate of 3.90% p.a. and an online bonus rate of 0.35% p.a. on top of the standard variable rate, currently 1.10% p.a. Only available for new Maxi Saver accounts opened online by applicants who have never held a Maxi Saver account before. Joint accounts are eligible where the primary account holder has not held a Maxi Saver account before.
- Online bonus offer available from 17/11/2023 for a limited time only. Only available for new Maxi Saver accounts opened online by applicants who have never held a Maxi Saver account before. Joint accounts are eligible where the primary account holder has not held a Maxi Saver account before, and both applicants are existing customers. Other Joint accounts need to be opened in branch.
- Offer may be varied or withdrawn at any time.
- To hold a Maxi Saver account, you must also hold an eligible BankSA transaction account in the same name and be registered for Internet and Phone Banking. If you don't already have one, set up a Complete Freedom everyday account when you open a Maxi Saver account. Fees and charges may apply on the transaction account.