Interest free days
Looping you in on changes relating to credit cards
As a BankSA credit card customer, we want to ensure that you’re always aware of changes that are happening.
From 1 January 2019, new legislation will come into effect that will change the way interest free days are calculated on consumer credit cards. We are also applying the same changes to Amplify business credit cards.
During December 2018, we will be moving your BankSA credit card onto our new method of offering interest free days. Depending on how you use your credit card, in some cases you may see a reduction in the amount of interest you pay.
Your new interest free period will start when you pay your closing balance in full (by the due date). To continue to enjoy interest free days, make sure you pay your closing balance in full, by the payment due date.
Things to remember to make the most of your interest free period.
- Any purchase you make may receive up to 45 or 55 days interest free. This will depend on your choice of credit card and if you pay the closing balance by the payment due date.
- Because the interest free period starts when you pay your statement balance in full, and ends on your next payment due date, purchases made earlier in the statement cycle will receive more interest free days than ones made later.
Tips to help you stay on top of interest.
When it comes to credit cards, there’s no better feeling than being in control. Here are a few tips that may help.
- Select an interest free period credit card and always pay the closing balance on your statement, in full, by the due date.
- Set up reminders to make payments on time.
- Set up Autopay to automatically pay off your account each month.
- Only use cash advances in emergencies.
- Find out how promotional offers work before you accept them.
Minimise fuss with auto payments
Learn how setting up an Autopay automatic payment arrangement can take the hassle out of remembering your monthly repayments.